View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:40 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
This score is about as good as finding a Guttenberg bible in an old trunk in yr Mamaw's house.. Or stumbling over a "Patent Motorenwagen" in the barn. Wonder how many lines per the CRT its set up for ? 441?
Many years ago I remember going to the estate sale of a book collector who's family had a find like the former...I don't remember if the book was a bible or what, but it apparently was a very old book put out by the church, and the church had put a scrap of Mary's clothing in the book...

From what I understand for most pre-war sets the scan rate conversion was as simple as turning the horizontal hold control till the sync locked. IIRC the OP said the tuner had been converted to a postwar type so it was probably last used with late 40's-50's NTSC. The sound conversion might be interesting...Pre-war sets were AM sound modern sets are FM sound. IIRC some prewar sets could be adjusted to work with no circuit changes. If the AM IF has the right bandwidth you can tune it so that the frequency of one audio peak is at the peak of the IF response curve, and the frequency of the audio valley is outside of or on the lower ragged edge of the IF response curve....This makes the IF response curve convert a varying frequency to a varying amplitude that an AM detector circuit can make into sound.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4