View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 12:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Good afternoon,

Thank you for welcoming me to the community! The avatar is taken from one of my favorite postings on xkcd.com - quite a lot of funny science, math and electronics related stuff there, you should take a look some time.

I would probably like to collect a lot more stuff than I am currently allowed to - my wife takes a really dim view on me dragging yet another 150 lbs worth of electronics into the house - I am sure some of you folks can relate.

Lately, I have been looking at some Sony BVMs, PVMs, XBRs and XSs, as they (arguably) represent some of the more mature CRT technology out there. Unfortunately, folks on ebay and even craigslist have raised their prices to unreasonable levels because of the 'retro CRT gaming' craze that seems to be going on. I am also keeping an eye out for monochrome (grayscale) medical (X-ray) diagnostic CRTs - Barco seems to be the brand to go for there.

What I am really interested in, however, are broadcast monitors made by Conrac in the early to mid 70s. I have posted in the television broadcast gear section about my quest to identify a Conrac monitor that I used to own as a teenager and was given to me as a gift by my high school physics teacher. Unfortunately, my parents decided to put it to the curb some 20 years ago.

Aside from that, I got my hands on a 19" (?) Zenith Chromacolor with a 19EC22 chassis. I understand that it is special because it is one of the last hybrid sets. This particular one was made in March 1975. It seems to be in good shape, but it's quite dirty on the inside and needs a good cleaning. All the knobs and decals are accounted for, though.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts as I browse the forums.

Kind regards,

Hans