View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerials View Post
One is the EMI 2001c i may have seen them at WBBM and Wfld in Chicago. And the other is the GE pe 350. I saw these in action at the Dick cavett show in New York city in 1970. Regis philben was co host. Wttw or Wls tv may have used them as well. Please post if anyone knows Chicago color broadcast cameras. Also what is that remote color camera on the WMAQ early remote scene with Jorie Luloff?
WBBM and WFLD actually used Marconi Mark VII's (all of three EMI 2001's were ever sold in the U.S. - can't say which station took 'em). WMAQ, pre-1969 or '70, used RCA TK-41's, then afterwards they acquired the newer TK-44A's. If WLS used GE PE-350's, it wouldn't be a surprise (ditto for WTTW). WGN by the early 1970's went with RCA TK-44A's, later in the decade they got RCA TK-45A's. When WCIU went color, one of the cameras they had in the studio was an IVC 501. By the late 1970's, WBBM had replaced their Marconis with the Thomson TTV-1518 (which was also in use, from what I could tell, at some of the other CBS O&O's such as KNXT [now KCBS-TV] in Los Angeles and WCAU in Philadelphia).

As to film and slide cameras: To a station, virtually all of them had RCA TK-27 chains. (Anyone know if any Chicago TV stations had General Electric color chains?)

Meanwhile, the PE-350 was also in use in the West 55th Street and 9th Avenue studios of New York's WNET Channel 13 in the early 1970's, dating back to c.1968 when it was WNDT.