View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

This General Electric 835 TV needs a good home!

Yep, first post on VK but not exactly a newbie over at AK. It was suggested that I post this here, and so it is. I would much rather see this set go to someone in the AK/VK family as opposed to elsewhere. Frankly, as much as I would like to get to work with and know more about vintage televisions I don't know much about them. Well, other than watching them when they were new and were a long way from becoming vintage, that is.

I recently acquired this nice looking GE 835 and as much as I would love to see it restored, the reality is that I just don't see it happening in the near future. I also have a rather long backlog of audio gear to keep me busy and space is at a premium so I afraid that this fella has to go. It is exactly as I found it in an antique store a couple of months ago. I know better that to try to power it up, even on a variac so I have not attempted to do so. I don't know anything more about the set. I hope that the pictures tell enough of the story about what to expect. I can take additional pictures if necessary.

I have just about $100 in purchasing this set so in order to keep things simple how about keeping at it $100. The only catch is, for obvious reasons, I would rather not have to pack and ship it. This thing is heavy and I am sure that I don't have to tell anyone here how fragile it is. I will be going to AK Fest in Detroit next weekend (April 28 ~ 29) and I can bring it with me. Also, if you or someone wants to pick it up here, I am located within sight of Beaver Stadium at Penn State. If someone is coming to PSU for a game or other event I can meet them to hand it off.

I used a flash for this one:

Last edited by Eric H; 04-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.