View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 12:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Actually, yes I am. Not a professional, but I work on a wide variety of stuff with success. (Some things w/ a lot of help from websites such as this, or from diagrams/schematics)

I had it all in pieces, performed some maintenance, and put together how it should go. I read somewhere(I don't remember where anymore) that I need to find some alignment tool and get things in perfect balance.

It's been a good while now since I read about it, but I think that it uses a magnetic system with the platter and an electromagnet that is either on the inside or right outside the edge of the platter in the player. It uses these to keep it synced and to run at a governed speed.
I've read that if it's "out of whack" it can cause the exact problem I'm experiencing. Only way to fix is to get this (apparently) ultra rare tool. So, I guess I'm screwed.

Despite that, I finally found some more CED's to add to the small collection. Well, some that actually interest me. I have found a few since I got this little player collection, but they were of subjects I wasn't interested in or a half to a 2 disc set.