View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
The last two 60's RCA TVs I've worked on had speakers with rivets that broke when I attempted to unplug them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peverett View Post
I had this same problem with both a B&W RCA TV and a 1953 model RCA radio.
The same exact thing happened to me, the rivets broke right off. I should have stopped after the first one, but I really didn't expect it to happen twice. Now I know to watch out for this when unplugging these RCA speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony V View Post
Looking good Adam! Wow those are some deep reds! It came out nice for your first start up. Nice job on the restoration!
-Tony
Thanks. I always get nervous before turning on a set for the first time, then waiting for it to warm up. It was a big relief when that picture came up.

The picture stays b/w for about a minute before the color comes in. I'm going to try that chroma oscillator alignment like I did on my Philco which fixed this problem in that set. But for now I'm not going to mess with it for a while, at least until I dig up something for a battery for the remote and try and fix those speakers.

Next I'm going back to the Philco, I finally tracked down a needle that fits the phonograph in that unit, so I'm going to see if I can fix the record changer. It works manually, but won't change records.