View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 02:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Does your reciever have RCA analog audio input? If so that should be all it needs to decode Dolby 5.1....Theres no surround sound info in the video content.

If your TV has S-video input you can just connect video directly to the TV.

Clock settings rarely last more than 2 minutes on most decks even when new. When I'd go on vacation to the north woods for ~2 weeks at a time years ago I'd usually plug my decks into a UPS supply for computers to keep power outages from messing up timer recordings on the 3 decks I'd run.
I don't have S-Video on anything. I must have had it on my old TV because I know I had a VCR hooked up before. But now I only have composite on receiver and composite and component on TV. HDMI on both, of course.

Edit: The owner's manual explicitly states "The timer unit of this VCR contains a memory protection circuit. In case of a power failure of less than approximately 24 hours, the display disappears, but the clock continues operation." etc. etc. etc. I can't post a link because I never found a scan of the manual, I ended up having to buy a hard copy (is there somewhere that I can post scans of it?)

Edit2: is servicemanuals.net legit? they offer a PDF scan of the service manual although not free. https://www.servicemanuals.net/en/NE...Service-Manual

Edit3: is there anywhere I can get a blank tape or two for a reasonable price, so I can finish testing the unit and remote functions? I've only found prerecorded tapes in thrift stores. I would also prefer to have at least one blank S-VHS tape so I could try recording in S-VHS mode and see if that works.

Last edited by n8nagel; 04-22-2023 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Info from manual