View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 08:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Dolby 5.1 matrixed into stereo for storage/transport is conceptually similar to the QS SQ and EV/Stereo-4 systems...So much so you can use a Dolby 5.1 reciever to dematrix SQ records.

How to properly activate and configure it varies from reciever to reciever, but as long as the VHS HiFi on the deck works and you get the reciever configured right it should work.
I guess I'll have to do more research. Right now I'm stuck because I realize that neither my current receiver nor TV has an S-Video input! So I'm looking at S-Video to HDMI converters, but all I'm finding stretch the picture horizontally which I don't like, or do not specify, so I have questions out there.

One question, I just put the covers back on and moved this unit upstairs to the living room, even though I can't hook it up yet (unless I use a composite video connection) - I had it unplugged for maybe 10 minutes to straighten/neatly wrap the cord and put two covers on. Possibly unsurprisingly, the clock memory was not persistent even though it's been plugged in for several days. Does anyone know, so I don't have to purchase the repair manual for just this one item, where the clock/program battery or capacitor is located? Thanks!

Another thing I've noticed is that the factory remote won't play nice with NiMHs (it works, but the display is too dim to be readable) so I had to use my last two Energizer Lithiums for it. I won't use alkalines in anything anymore, too many failures.
Audiokarma