View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 06:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

I just went back and cleaned the tape path better (took the metal cover over the tape area off) and the roller and idler... maybe this is the key, I stopped at Value Village today and picked up a couple better looking tapes. It appears to be working correctly now! I also got the remote the other day and have it about 75% figured out. It can't really be duplicated with a universal however because you set the program with the remote and then transmit it to the unit, pretty cool. Although likely I won't be programming this to record any TV programs... Anyway I have a feeling this project is coming close to the end. Got a few evenings of cheap entertainment out of it.

One question: I picked up a copy of "The Dirty Dozen" that says "Dolby Surround" does that mean that if I play it through my AVR it will somehow detect that it is multichannel and decode it? Or would I have to manually set that mode, and what would I use? Thanks! (I seriously haven't regularly used a VCR since I lived with my parents, which I haven't done since 1992, and we only had it hooked to a stereo system not any kind of multichannel deal. No Laserdisc, no AC3, nothing like that.)
Audiokarma