View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlColorTVfan View Post
Yeah, DVD is great...but what about being able to record onto a DVD? I had enough troubles with burning audio CD's on my computer...the discs would be rejected 70% of the time..and I'd end up frustrated beyond belief! Do DVD recorders have the same problem..and how would it be dealt with?
I am surprised that anyone has trouble recording DVDs anymore. I have had both fairly expensive DVD recorders, which did have some problems with compatibility with computer DVD drives early on, and I now have two relatively inexpensive DVD recorder/VCR combos, both of which work like a charm and are compatible with my computer. I figured it was worth buying the combos to have backup video cassette players in case I want to view some old tapes that I don't have time to transfer to DVD. Last year, I did take the time to transfer my vacation videos from Hi-8 (the older ones are starting to show drop outs) to DVDs for archiving. I exchange DVDs of programs each other has missed with friends and have no problems. I have also transfered tapes to DVD and copied them on the computer for fellow New York World's Fair enthusiasts. I have stayed with the DVD-R format, which seems to have settled down as the most common.
Audiokarma