Thread: 65 maggie
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 11:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

65 maggie

hi all, i am certainly not looking to run up another thread like the last one, but this 65 maggie roundie had a new crt in it but i since traded with another set but the problem i have is the screen is very dark with the new crt and the one i put in. the bias is a switch and if in the min position no screen at all if in the middle i can start to see the screen bearly but with the switch up i have a screen but its very dark. the thing here is the crt thats in it now seems to have a problem with the green gun heater not heating up sometimes and if i tap the neck the blue sparks happen and then its good but i would like to maybe correct whats happening with the lack of brightness and can only get just that with the bias maxed out. i changed the boost diode that was bad, and checked all the high wattage resistors. the voltage at the hot is around 172 volts i dont think it should be that high but then again i dont have a schematic that gives voltages. i was told the chassis was a 16 clone by moyers as i had bought a new fly for a spare and it is correct for the chassis but the rca schematic dont show voltages. maybe this is a simple fix, dont know but at least the chassis will be ok if the crt takes a final dump and if i come across another crt then ill be all set to go. the crt now does work but how long the heater will last i dont know. i feel bad asking for any help since the last thread, lol,lol im sure everyone wants me to fade away, lol...;