View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 08:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
2018 Rose Parade Photos

This update shows both the RCA 21CT55 and CTC 7 playing the 2018 Rose Parade on NBC.

The first (color) Rose Parade was telecast by NBC on January 1, 1954, but very few people saw it because you could not purchase a color television, even though Admiral put their color set on sale December 30 and possibly as early as December 17, 1953.

The lucky few television distributors were invited to private color showings of the parade on prototype colors sets and the public were invited to see the parade on prototype sets with various demonstrations staged in dealerships across the nation.

The wealthy and well connected were the first to view the Rose Parade telecast on January 1, 1955 in their homes on a few RCA 21CT55’s that trickled into RCA showrooms in time for Christmas purchase in 1954.

The 64th anniversary of that first telecast is replicated on the same set folks first used to watch the parade telecast, an RCA 21CT55 and the early 15 inch color sets. The signal received via a roof top analog antenna as close as we can get to original reception.

The first four screenshots were taken with an iPhone X and the last three with our new Sony Alpha 6300 DSLR. I haven’t mastered the new camera as yet which my wife gifted me for Christmas. The shots are basically point and shoot as we had limited understanding of all the controls. We hopefully can improve as we go through the learning curve of the camera. Many settings .... aperature priority, shutter priority, white balance settings, ISO, etc.

This link will open an image carousel which has full resolution shots.

https://visions4netjournal.com/vinta...-carousel-4235

We have two videos of the parade to post here soon.

Last edited by etype2; 01-02-2018 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Add info & correction