View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

I KNOW that panasonic has "gone downhill" in recent years on quality. I work on them every day.

Recently, we had a BUNCH of Pana 42" LCD sets, I think LC-42e3 or such model# , that had what I call a "footlight problem" on the panel. This means that at the bottom of the panel, there were "dark shadows" that pointed upwards, like "footlights on a stage", more or less evenly spaced across the bottom of the panel. This was caused by either uneven LED illumination or diffusion from the BL led's. Pana FIRST tried to DENY a problem existed(you can SEE this on a dark or light scene mainly), then to RIG the panel with TAPE somehow--that did nothing of course...then they tried replacing the led "modulator board"(this is the driver board for the BL leds--that gives"local dimming",) this did not help...then they gave us new panels...STILL the same. Finally--they ADMITTED the whole SET had been "outsourced" , that the panels ALL had this defect...and that we had to just ACCEPT the problem and tell the seller that it did not EXIST!!

What a sham....