View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 09:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

21FJP22 Availability

Hey Everyone! My name is Joe. I've been good friends with forum regulars like David Sica and John Tyminski for years, but I;m finally starting to get into the game. I'm here on this forum because I want to get myself a round tube color set and I'm going to need some advice moving forward. Firt off, I have an opportunity at a free RCA CTC-16 set. It looks really nice, but it has a bad cataract, and the current owner says that there's something wrong with "the long part of the tube." I'm going to assume the worst and guess that it's been necked. Is it worth picking up this set for free and then finding and buying a 21FJP22 to de-cataract and install in it? This would be the first color set I'd be working on. One of my friend's who is on this forum has insisted to me that if I want a round color set, I'm wasting my time unless I get a CTC-10 or earlier and anything newer is not worth my time, whereas another is telling me to go for it, since, if I screw something up, its no big loss.
If I can get the complete chassis for free, how much would I be likely to spend on a rebuild-able 21FJP22?

Thanks
Joe