View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 PM
go big or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
Well, I didn't do anything spectacular with the Funai. I simply removed what I wanted from the chassis, busted the exhaust tip off the CRT, replaced the back cover, and the garbage truck hauled it off this morning.

I do have a working 19" BPC Orion from 2003 that I may try to do something spectacular with. It's a TV that a lady gave me and I quickly fixed it out of my junk; but, despite me advertising the hell out of it, no one thinks it's worth $20. It's too new for my collection and if it isn't worth $20; then, I'd just as soon have some fun with it. Right now, I'm debating on rather to drop it from the roof of my shop with it turned on or throwing it in a tub of water with it turned on. Then, I'll smash the remains into pieces, take a picture of the flattened pile, and post an ad on CL and on that local facebook classified page that reads something like, "FOR SALE: 19" Orion color flatscreen TV for $75. This was one of thoes embarrassing black box TV's that everyone thinks they're too good to own and since it wasn't worth the $20 I was previously asking; I converted it to something flatter and I now hope it's flat enough for y'all." I'll probably get kicked off the FB page; but, who cares. It's not doing me any good in the first place.

So, what's your suggestion? throw it off the roof or submerge it? Should I have it playing Jerry Springer or Maury Povich at the time of it's death.

set it on fire, while it's playing some idiot reality tv show. Then post to you tube