View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
But during the 1980s, Funai once was at the top for reliability. I regularly service and recondition vintage 1980s VCR, and I found Funai/Symphonic VCRs one of the most-reliable out there. Funai was rated fifth (#5) most-reliable 1980s Japanese electronic manufacturer after Panasonic (#1), Toshiba (#2), Sanyo (#3), and JVC (#4), according to Consumer Reports. Funai did better than Mitsubishi (#6), Sony (#7), Sharp (#8), Hitachi (#9), NEC (#10), Orion/Emerson (#11), and Fisher (#12).
Hooray for my '89 Panny console!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
So, what's your suggestion? throw it off the roof or submerge it? Should I have it playing Jerry Springer or Maury Povich at the time of it's death.
Might I suggest a cheap Elvis impersonation? By that I mean shooting the screen out of it with Robert Goulet or Mel Torme on there. You have some really good ideas though, I really like the fakebook gag idea.

There is an RCA BPC down the street from me right now, or there was earlier today at least, and for some time before that. It was sitting by a dumpster with its power cord hacked off. TVs aren't accepted for trash pick up around here. Heck, they're not even accepted by thrift shops. If I had a blowtorch and a video camera with a tripod I would sneak down there in the middle of the night and have some fun with it. Then I would grab the tripod and camera and run like crazy.

Last edited by Jon A.; 06-27-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Audiokarma