Thread: K-cars
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 10:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
LOL

I know exactly what you mean! Actually I just got a call from a friend-of-a-friend today. He's one of those people. He called me today and told me that he was "pulled over" for sleeping in his car, and he was probably drunk off his ass, so they impounded his car - not entirely sure why - and he asked me how to get his car out of the impound with expired plates on it. He was supposed to come in for emission repairs like 6 months ago (so he could renew his plate stickers). He's literally a hoarder though. Like us guys might have a house full of TVs and radios, and bits and bobs, but this guy literally hoards garbage. Like newspapers and magazines. His car is filled to the brim with just worthless papers and food wrappers. I mean FILLED. I mean the rear suspension is bottomed out under the weight.

The 2.7's just get sludged up easily, and it blocks the oil galleries, ceasing lubrication and destroying the motor. It's like cholesterol. I seen my share of them. Open the valve cover, and it's like somebody filled it with tar. I've seen a few like that after the engine was already blown, and a few that were still running ok, and either way had to give the customer the bad news and a good scolding.
Does Synthetic oil build up sludge?
The worst driving is short trip city driving, where the engine never gets up to temp. Slow traffic speeds and very little highway or expressway use.
When I lived in the city the oil looked like I never changed it after only 500 miles. Now, living out in God's country, I can look at the oil after 2000 miles and it still looks clean. I change my oil every 3500-4000 miles in my daily driver.