Thread: CTC5 Pickup!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 05:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

After a full recap I finally powered it up this afternoon. Full raster with good width and vertical. But of course I have an issue with brightness and I'm sure its that darn CTC-7 mod. Brightness is on near full at minimum and increasing it loads down the HV at max. I did verify the parts were as they should according to the mod. Even though the mod is for the contrast I assume it affects the brightness to some point. I have now 50 MFD instead of 25MFD from the wiper of the contrast to ground. The previous tech only added a 25 while the CTC 7 mod calls for 50mfd.

I'll pull the chassis again and do some measurements of the brightness circuit as well as the contrast circuit. If everything checks ok I might revert back to the stock CTC-5 contrast circuit and see what effect it has on brightness and go on troubleshooting from there.

Any other ideas? BTW agc and sync were out of wack but I'm sure thats because the video output was being driven really hard.
It also seems that DHR4863 was unable to fix his CTC-5 issue. Unfortunately it sounds exactly like my issue....
--
Matt Davala

Last edited by Davala; 03-12-2024 at 05:37 PM. Reason: DHR comment