View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Okay, another update and question.

Since finding out that disconnecting the screen tap wires from the taps allowed the setup line to appear, I decided to check voltages. I found something I don't understand, and therefore, don't know if it's normal.

I am attaching a pic from the schematics for the video outputs and screen taps. In it you'll notice that the screen taps get voltage from the collector and the 240V boost through a series of resistors. Those are the supply connections. Then there is the tap wire that you move from tap to tap. That wire receives the voltage and it is connected with a resistor to the CRT socket. That lead has no power indicated on the schematics unless it's connected to one of the taps (hi, med or lo). However, when I disconnect the lead and check it, it has 133V on it. If I disconnect the CRT socket and run the set, the lead has 0V. It's the same for all three colors. Is that normal? Should there be voltage on it from the CRT side? On all three colors?

Maybe I'm not fully understanding how this section is designed to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Taps Schematic.jpg (64.4 KB, 9 views)

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650