View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Just made a discovery. As most will recall, I can't get the setup line to show. That was until today. I managed to get the line to show, but under conditions outside of the normal setup procedure.

I set the switch into setup mode and there was no line. I then pulled the red tap off, completely and a bright red line showed up. I then did the same to the blue and green and got a bright whitish line in the center of the screen. Now outside of setup, the screen is way too dark to be useful. I then checked the voltage on the blue video output driver (yellow/blue wire on crt #11). It is 188 - 190V in setup with the tap in any of the HI, MED or Lo position. However, when I remove the tap connection it drops down to 132V and that when a very bright blue line shows up.

The Sams says to do this with the taps on "HI", so something must be off to keep the line from showing up with the haps connected.

So, does this new information give anyone any ideas as to what the problem might be? Is there something I should be measuring while the taps are disconnected? The collectors of the video output transistors?

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650

Last edited by TinCanAlley; 10-15-2013 at 12:23 PM.