View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
thanks for this comment - made me look again, and I now see that apparently the picture shows the internal dag (?). If the external only is underneath the shield, then it is probably OK because none of the external components, labels, etc. are disturbed.

I still think the dag is a wild goose chase for anything having to do with the jail bars (isn't that the one thing we are trying to fix here?).

Need to stop shot-gunning and try to follow clues - there is a jail bar pattern in at least some of the CRT leads, and there are questions as to why some of the waveforms are fat (high frequency or low frequency superimposed?). Should be chasing down if those scope waveforms are valid and going from there.
I'm ready and willing to do any testing you guys come up with. I'm going to disconnect the lead for the setup side of the setup switch to see if there's some kind of issue in the switch. It seems to be a pretty basic open design switch, so I cleaned it with Deoxit. That didn't help as I still have the bars and I still can't get a setup line from the red or green and only a faint line from the blue.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650