View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 10:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

I got it working! I replaced the old STK Chip with the new one I got in the mail today that I ordered off eBay (I managed to actually get a real STK Chip and not a knockoff one), and it works now.

Although I ended up losing a speaker in the process, I blew out one of my Realistic Minimus 1 speakers by accident when I put a 4 amp fuse into the speaker protection fuse socket rather than the 3 amp it called for which the 4 amp fuse didn't blow at all when I tried out the stereo after replacing the bulging capacitor to see if that fixed the stereo or not (which it didn't fix it).

I didn't realize I had another 3 amp fuse yet in my stash which is why I used the 4 amp fuse because I had a 2 amp fuse but I didn't think the 2 amp fuse would of worked because it was smaller than the 3 amps it called for, so then as a result the receiver passed some DC current into my speaker and blew it out.
So now the speaker doesn't play at full volume anymore and it sounds like someone's singing into a tin can when its playing, so I guess lesson learned, I could probably get a new speakers for it but it probably won't sound the same.

Theres a link to the video of the stereo working below.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...8qR9q88s0nkeh4

Pardon the poor audio quality, i used the camera on my phone which doesn't do a very good job at reproducing audio.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 10-23-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Audiokarma