View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 01:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Have you tried adjusting the Ion Trap? A slight misadjustment will kill the brightness.
Well, I did adjust it a bit and was able to get a little bit more brightness out of it -- didn't think to try that, thanks!

Vertical and horizontal lock are still very poor, and definitely degrades as the set heats up. Have been swapping out tubes, but none seem to make a significant difference. Even changed HZ output and damper just for grins and no change at all.

Brightness is getting better, but hold is bad. It loses vertical when changing channels on the DTV box and even when a show cuts between scenes it can lose vertical.

https://youtu.be/Pgm-8XGRZq0

I unfortunately don't have a HV or CRT tester or pattern generator. I'll check eBay and see if there's something available that won't break the bank.

I've been checking voltages and the third B+ (should be 130V) measures around 117 though the higher two (240 and 210) are dead on. I've changed the power resistors and all of the filter caps are brand new, so something is dragging it down. Also noticed that the AGC control on the back has absolutely no effect at all on the picture. I guess I'll start focusing there and see if maybe there's a bad resistor hiding out or something, since at this point all of the paper caps have been changed.

Big progress since day 1 though! Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!

FK