View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Scored an RCA CT-100

Someone pointed this out to me yesterday on the Pittsburgh Craigslist yesterday. The guy selling it didn't know what he had and was planning on throwing it away initially!

Anyhow, to answer the big question: The 15GP22 is still under vacuum. Getter is perfect on it.
I am working on getting the setup information to test the tube with my Sencore CR-7000 tonight.

The cabinet is in good shape, but will need refinished. It is missing the back cover, HV cage cover, pencil box, and the part of the tuning knob with the channel numbers. All of which I view as minor.
The rest of it is complete. All tubes are there, all components are there.

I didn't get the serial number last night. I'll get that later tonight.

I'm going to start restoring it as soon as I can. Though it may take me a good while before I complete this. I know there's a lot of things I need to learn about this set. I've been reading the forums trying to get as much info as I could.

One last thing: What is the best way to get that front safety glass off? I removed the 8 pins holding it in place and the trim, but it appears stuck on there. I don't want to accidentally break the glass. There are a bunch of dead bug guts and other nasties between it and the CRT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130315_001105.jpg (109.2 KB, 231 views)

Last edited by tv beta guy; 03-15-2013 at 02:43 PM.