View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 03:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

The first color I remember seeing was about 1966 or 67 at my great aunt and uncle's house. A 19" RCA Victor table model. The show was about tropical fish underwater, so the color was outstanding and memorable. Later I got to work on that set. I remember seeing ones like it in motel rooms too. It had the two open holes midway down the front panel and behind that were colorful thumbwheels for tint and color.

Our first color TV was bought in 1969, a 21" GE, and I remember the novelty of UHF and the Tenna-Rotor, being able to see Dark Shadows for the first time and in color. Our local ABC affiliate didn't carry it, and we could finally pick up Channel 18 in Charlotte. I still have that TV in my living room.

On familly vacations I remember watching the 17" color Zenith in my dad's boss' oceanfront beach house about 1970. It was always fun adjusting that set and I managed to get it when they tore down the house in the 1980s. It suffered from being in the salt air and the HV cage was rusty and arcing a little. Otherwise it still worked fine.
Audiokarma