View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 09:20 PM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
Surely made from 16mm originals. The three-strip cameras were owned by Technicolor and required by contract to use Technicolor operators, etc., etc., which woud have been far too expensive for this sort of short subject.

Have you seen this 1949 sales film from Technicolor promoting the use of their printing methods for industrial movies made on single-strip films?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyiH_r7YCvU

There may also be clues in the material itself, for example, do the titles say "Print by Technicolor" rather than "Color by Technicolor?"
The titles all show "Color by Technicolor".

I think the only single strip stocks available would have been from Kodak, Ansco, and Agfa. I suppose I should also include Dufaycolor, but I'm not sure if creating the 35mm internegatives from a 16mm print with a réseau would have even worked... or rather worked well enough. It would have "worked" with grain roughly the size of cannonballs...

Thanks for the link to that sales film; that fills in a lot of gaps for me on how the short subjects and industrial films commonly found on dye IB prints were originally shot.
Audiokarma