View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 06:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

1986 RCA Console TV Model G25343WK

I recently purchased this TV. It came from a 90 Year Old Couple who just upgraded to a Flat Screen TV. The TV comes on real good and clear and no colors are funky when it first powers on. The issue I am having with the TV is that Dark Images like Black or Bright Color like white have a Blue Shadow or Blue Outline on them. It's not too noticeable when setting far from TV. However, if you get up real close to the TV you can see alot of blue highlighting on the edges of objects such as blue coloring on a person's hair or blue coloring on a white jersey of a football player. Also, I have noticed, I seem to have a solid blue vertical line on both sides of the screen that is visible when TV is blank from switching to screen shot to screen shot. There is no red or green color bleed. In a Black and White Screen Shot there is quite a bit of blue color visible in the picture. I have tried adjusting the Color, Picture and Bright Level and none of those adjustments seem to help. Can someone tell me if this is a sign of the picture tube getting weak or another issue that needs an adjustment. Thanks. 1996 NOT 1986...
I posted two pictures of issue under my user name...

Last edited by Console User; 12-20-2020 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Wrong year of TV .