View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 08:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Magnavox (NAP) 2" portable BW

Got this little almost new beauty from that place for $49. It is a Magnavox BD3902SL01 twin of a Sanyo build in perfect conditon. This has a dark face. It is a AM/FM/TV 2" BW set from Oct. 1984 arriving in the original NAP box. Much more solid than the Panasonic Travelvision sets of the era.

It is all complete with the set, instructions, packing, hood, earphones, carry strap, leatherette (vinyl with felt interior) carry case, AC adaptor, 12v car adaptor (not shown), instructions and a vintage IBM punch card serial number. I have not seen one of these since 1979 and my ex-wife data entry operator.

Power up on the AC adaptor worked. Battery case had batteries and tabs full of crud. Scraping and wire-brush got that back. I found the clock battery under the AA batteries. A new one brought the clock back and all the functions work.

I did not connect RF to the external for these photos. Later photos when I find the adaptor. The FM is very sensitive. The AM is average. The sound output is about the size of the set.

One of my curiosities is time relationships. Is this 30 year old set the same forward history as a 30 year old 630TS in 1976? Same 30 years of history. I look forward to the opinions of what is history and when.

Last edited by Dave A; 08-28-2018 at 11:03 PM.