View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 01:36 PM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcomm View Post
The first replier to my thread seems to considers himself the VK Safety Nanny and member attack Pit Bull. Has he considered getting professional help with his obvious anger management problem? Just my opinion..............

That said, my normal +425v current of 265ma is always measured across the HV cage fuse clips. RCA requires a 300ma fuse so the flyback is well protected. I usually use a 500ma fuse since I couldn’t find a 300ma item but accidentally used a 1amp fuse when the flyback cooked so it didn’t blow. This wouldn’t make any difference since the flyback shorted and was doomed.

My only “experiment” with the CTC2B’s power supply was the replacement of the big selenium rectifiers with small silicon power diodes. This simple and logical change raised the B++ from 392v to 425v or 8.4%, well within RCA’s safety margin. How many members performed this same “experiment” on their sets??
Sorry to hear the news. I don't know the #2 postor, and I wouldn't have said that myself. In my viewpoint, this hobby would be zero fun without any challenges, and this is no different from a situation where someone might restore a '38 Cadillac, and take it out for a Sunday drive and have a kid run a red light or something. It happens.

There are several AKers with 21CT55s, and hopefully someone will speak up with a good FBT. If not, I'd suggest doing some comparison research to see if you could use a different Fly in that set. After all, the basics are the same for the horizontal frequency and deflection angles, etc., among most all 21" color sets. With a little qualIfied engineering, I bet a later model FBT could be used, since your set is a working demonstrator and not a virgin timepiece.

Charles