View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 08:59 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
'Ion trap' is sort of a misnomer anyway, isn't it? As I understood it, the ions and electrons are shot off at an angle, and the ion trap magnet straightens out the electron beam only and not the ions.
The early ion traps had 1 magnet to help steer everything towards the neck wall and a second magnet to steer just the electrons back through the end of the gun...as time went on someone figured out it was cheaper and just as effective to drop a magnet and only use one to straighten the electron beam.

On another starwars note, when I was a kid in the 90s after killing (at 2-4 years old because I wanted to know why sound came on instantly but picture took time) the 70s Quasar WID color some of my first memories are of watching, and trying for years to convince my folks to let me take it apart at something like age 10 I dismantled it and later smashed the CRT (my friends and I wanted to watch ourselves on TV) and ended up keeping the electron gun because it resmebled a light saber... I still have it all these years later.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4