View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 05:21 PM
TV DXer...

4:3->16X9 with black bars...

I asked this question in a forum at LDDb dot com. Twice. Asking here, It's easier to copy/paste the two questions from that forum:

"I bought an Svideo to HDMI converter. Converter outputs HDMI 1080P 16X9. Does anyone make a converter that outputs 4:3 in HDMI? I can change on two of my TV's from Full to Normal easily but a third TV in the Florida room is a pain. The setting is buried in the menu"...

Somewhat incoherent on my part, I asked again:

"Okay, I don't think anyone here understands what I'm asking:

You all have multiple LD players and one TV, correct? I have one LD player and multiple TV's connected to a home HDMI network. All TV's aspect ratio's are set to "full" (16X9). I have a DVD player, a Sony UBP-X1100ES. When I play a disc with 4:3 Programming it outputs a 4:3 image with black bars on both sides in 1080p. Two other Sony DVD players in the past, they would output a 16X9 image. I would have to go to every TV and change the aspect ratio's to "normal" (4:3).

What I'm looking for is a device that will convert the S-Video output from my LD player to HDMI. BUT, add black bars on both sides of the 4:3 image, like my DVD player. And then I can finally stop running around, having to change the aspect ratio on every TV.

Makes sense, doesn't it? Everything thrown at a HDMI converter is, 4:3"...

So I thought I'd ask here and see if I get somewhere...