View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 05:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
OK but I'm confused. All of the information from the RF/IF comes out of the detector at one point. According to another expert in this thread, if I have sound, I should have video. The signal for both audio and video go into the video amp through pin 1. Video comes out of a grid at pin 5 and audio comes out from a grid on pin 6. Audio information then feeds into the limiter, ratio detector, audio amp etc... Video goes to the CRT cathode through a 0.05uf cap that has been replaced with a new 0.047 uf cap. I've only been looking at the video route after pin 5. Should I still go looking backwards?
Well yes it’s said that video rides along audio so you can still go backwards but at this point there could be a problem with the alignment coils and still have sound but no audio. Try different channels 3 or 2 or maybe 6 I had one of these sets that had sound but no video blank screen and it was a think ts 4h with the adjusting coils in front so I concentrated on channel 3 and eventually got video. Remember you probably don’t know the history of the set who know who was in it or what may be bad in the IF section.

Last edited by timmy; 04-04-2023 at 05:51 PM.