View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
They are the Sony Mavica MVC-C1/MAP-P2 and the Canon RC-250/BA-24P. They both seem to have universal problems among each.

The Mavica camera probably will not take a photo. 30+ leaky caps but if a disc loads, it may play via the adaptor which usually works. I had my camera rebuilt and it does take pics but has a pixel streak. The camera cannot take a pic on the adaptor. Battery only (NiCad) and they are long shot. I am working on a battery rebuild using 1/4AAA batteries (thank you Andy for the design). They fit in the case. This rig is my playback.

The Canon camera seems to be a better image and their batteries (NiCad) are also gone but the camera will take a pic on the AC adaptor but my adaptor is not showing video on the connector. You need the little module on the end of the charger to get the video. This is my camera rig.
Thanks, I really appreciate the breakdown. I've tracked down a couple of Xapshot cameras with adaptors, it'll be interesting to see whether they work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Yes! Thanks for the video since it includes pictures of the playback units. It looks like there were four main models to choose from:
  • Sony MVR-5300 (looks like it may have been aimed at the TV production market)
  • Panasonic AG-810 (looks like it may have been aimed at the medical market)
  • Canon RV-301 (looks like it may have been aimed at the photography market)
  • Konica KP-400 (looks like it may have been aimed at the photography market)

I see the MVR-5300 at least has S-VHS output, that's promising. I have a Matrox MXO2 capture rig so as soon as I have a working player I'm in business.