View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 12:09 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkand View Post
Hi:
In the 1980's I had a bunch of vintage sets from the 1950's, '60's and '70's, all with tubes, as well as several radios and parts. I was still living at home and every room had some of my collection. Mom and Dad finally said I had to get rid of the sets, and to this day I regret having to dispose of all of them. I still have a 1965 Zenith chassis 25MC33 roundy combo, and a 1967 Motorola 23" color console, but they are still at my parents house, and will have to go soon. I have no space in my current house, and my wife is not into it at all...

I am a vicarious collector these days except for recently acquired test gear and a few older transistor radios from my parents and thrift shops. The bug has not gone away...
It's as much your house as your wife's you should be able to claim a room or half of one for your two consoles. If there is a dry climate controlled basement or attic (extra space in the garage perhaps?) that is not finished/furnished you should be able to eek out a small collection space by repacking the stuff junk stored there more densely in a corner or disposing of a portion of it.

I've got 70% of a basement and have had north of 50 tube TVs and around 100tube radios down there. If you get serious I think you can find space for your two consoles EASILY (making it may take a bit of effort though).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma