View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 08:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

another area where i would never spend a dime on .except for replacement bags.kirby g4 pulled from the dumpster at my shop 10 years ago.the "house of the reformed prostitute"up front tossed it when the bar jammed on string and burned the belt.they saw me pull it out of the dumpster and asked why i was trashpicking.(its a shared dumpster).i said it must be nice to toss stuff like this and buy new.they are some sort of non profit and their motto is trust no man.our shop water cooler came from them too.thermostat set too cold and it iced up.
and the home unit is a 30's vintage kirby that looks like a turbocharger on a stick.more for a decoration.the tristar canister with powered floor unit does most of the work.another curb find.insurance paid for it after a storm and the folks set it out.broken wire in the plug.and you wonder why insurance is expensive!
and dont get me started on fans.got real tired of plastic junk.now here and at the shop the ones in everyday use are all older than me.some by 2x!