View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 07:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for your thoughtful response James.

I would like to figure out what CRT this is regardless of the set it is potentially going into, as it may be useful in the future for a different set. The Sams is wrong, and Bob Anderson is right. The Admiral is a 10BP4. Funny thing is that I knew it was a 10BP4 when I got the set a few years ago, but I only just looked at the Sams the other day and said "wow, I need a 12" CRT for that set". Another Sams mistake, but I knew better.

Anyway, I would like to know what commercial CRT this matches best so I can save it for a future set, or pass it on to another fellow in need.

I pulled the CRT yesterday and it looks like a rebuild. The weld around the neck looks terrible, almost like it is a perfectly circular crack around the whole thing. But the CRT puts out a nice bright raster.

The screen is not aluminized.

The TV it was working in does not have an electromagnetic focusing coil.

There is not a chassis number, or any numbers anywhere to indicate what the CRT is.

Maybe it is just a mutt, with the dimensions of one tube and the gun of another.

Might I guess that putting an electrostatically focused CRT into a magnetically focused set is just a matter of disconnecting the focus coil and supplying the proper focus voltage on the focus anode? or does it get more complicated than that?

Thank you.
Scott