View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 04:58 PM
roundie not so n00b

I know this isn't the right place

But the vintage forums seem to have more activity, and I couldn't find a place for new-TV trouble shooting.

My parents have a 50" Toshiba Theatreview model 50A50, and it's starting to act up. Every time there's a mild power surge (when the A/C comes on, etc) it will shut off. It's been connected to a UPS for the past couple of years, but only lately we plugged it back into the wall because the UPS battery died. Yesterday, it turned off and I saw a sawtooth pattern in the upper portion of the screen for about half a second. It also has convergence issues; the + that you use for convergence has rotated somewhat to the left. You can align them as best you can but all around the edges the convergence is going bad. The picture is acceptable but I don't want it to decline into total oblivion. Also, the entire picture seems to have rotated a few degrees to the left.

I guess I have a couple of questions, how do I get into the service menu? I've poked around on google and haven't found any manuals, hints etc.