View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 03:33 PM
I love old stuff

@bagdow
Romania got the first color show in 1983. The ideea ti intoduce color televsion in Romania dates back in 1969, but the big problem
was what sistem to choose: PAL or SECAM. The majority of Eastern-Europeanen countryes (except former Yougoslavya) choose SECAM. Weel, finaly in 1983 when former GDR (East-Germany) produced a bistandard color tv Romania diced to introduce PAL (yup, like Western-Europe), and the first Roamian color tv "Telecolor 3006" was produced (well, in fact it was Romanian only with it name, like many others thing the majority of the components where imported: the tranzistors and the speacker where Made in GDR and the picture tube was Made in Japan by "Toshiba"-it was 22" (56 cm) The sets well prertty expenisve for the time (about 12 sallaryes !!!-15.000 lei). Later versions equiped whith French and Polish ("Unitra") picture tube apearred. Well, I ain't got a "Telecolor 3006", but I got a "Telecolor 3007" manufactured on December the 5, 1984.
That was the color tv set of my chilhood. From 1987 'till 2000, at my home I watched b & w tv (my parents divoreced and the that remaind at my grandfothet 'till this year).
So, you'll not find Romainan color tvs with with electronic tubes.
But, some persons which traveled outisde Romania bougth with
them color tvs before 1983. Unfourtenly, the majority shamsed them-well, i know two differnet guys who shamesd some Hybryd "Telefunken". I found an hybird "Normende Color President" with five tubes, and I inted to buy it