Thread: AMC Eagle
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 12:30 AM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
but it's listed for the 2BBL, not the 2BBD and I don't know what the difference is.
I'm not a 100% sure, but I don't think the 'D' means anything. '2BBL' is a very typical - almost colloquial - 'abbreviation' that just refers to the carb having 2 'barrels' (jets). Unless the different 'abbreviation' is deliberate to mean having an electronic carb. My money's on '2BBD' being either a misspelling, or just a idiosyncrasy of AMC.

Also, as a piece of advice, don't go too far down the rabbit hole with your PCV issue. You might be on to something there, but it's always best to start with the simplest things (Occam's razor, anyone?) AND the more common failure points, like plugs, wires, etc, etc.

EDIT: so I did a little >research< and apparently, BB is an actual abbreviation for 'Ball and Ball,' which are some people's surnames. So technically, BBD means Ball & Ball Dual barrel, as opposed to a Carter or Holley, or what have you. However, Carter bought out and made the BB design, so it's technically a style of Carter carburetor. However, it's still important to remember that '2BBL' IS a colloquialism that's used to refer to any 2 barrel carb, and it's not necessarily indicating that it's any particular brand or type of carb, other than that it has 2 barrels.

Also, also, you might want to thumb through Allpar and see what you can gleam about your Eagle.

Last edited by MadMan; 03-16-2019 at 12:49 AM.