View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Frenchy

Regarding your remote control battery...

I've recently finished my electronic restoration of the exact same set as yours (CTC-10 with 2-door Henredon cabinet). The remote runs on 4.2 in the schematics, not 9 volt. I wasn't able to find a suitable replacement, but I was able to make a simple replacement by taping three A640 1.5v button batteries together and it works perfectly. The flat, "+" end goes to the inner battery terminal.

My set came with a rebuilt FJP22 CRT. Tests great on all guns though the red tends to defocus some in the detail on super-red content. One of those things where you have to actually see the tube work rather than relying on meter readings. I'm still not 100% convinced that it's the tube and not something else because brightness and contrast seems to have NO affect on the red defocusing, only the 'intensity' control on reds. I have another FJP I am soon going to do an in-set test on and if works much better I may end up swapping it. But the current tube is quite acceptable for me. I did a reactivation of it using my crt tester which definitely helped but I'm not specifically recommending that you do that with yours. I tried a brightener but after the reactivation, it had no real effect so I took it off.

Last edited by frenchy; 11-11-2012 at 12:23 PM.