View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 09:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

OK, here goes. I've started on the restoration of this TV. In the next few days or week I'll get caught up with the progress that I've made.

Fist off I'm working on the HV cage and Fly back. The FB coating was pretty melted and cracked. What I did to restore the FB will be part of the upcoming posts. What I'd like to show you guys and get opinions on is that the 1B3GT filament winding that is around the core of the FB might have an issue. The wire is held off the FB core with 2 thin pieces of a fiberglass like material. Where the filament winding has passed through those pieces, it looks like they "dug" into the insulation, thus compromising the insulation. Here are 2 pictures of the filament winding and how it is held in place around the FB:

Now here is a close up of the damage to the insulation. It goes in some but not all the way to the conductor:

I think I need to replace that wire. Now here is another question. If the original wire is lets say 20Kv and I use 40Kv wire, will there be enough "juice" to get through the "extra" insulation of the 30Kv wire to work the 1B3GT?

Last edited by Crist Rigott; 11-02-2017 at 09:54 PM.