View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Administrator

A little more progress.

I went to Jo-Anne's and picked up some fabric that's reasonably appropriate for Grille Cloth.

Next I decided what speakers to use, I have been wondering what to do with this little pair of Realistic Minimus Seven's for a long time, now I know.

The TV has a pathetic 2.5 watts per channel of audio power @8 ohms, the original speakers were barely listenable without their original enclosure, also I wanted something with a crossover and a tweeter, these fit the bill perfectly.

They play quite loudly so they must be pretty efficient, small enough to mount side by side on the speaker board too.
I did a hack job on cutting out the openings, oh well, it was hot and dark in the garage and I just wanted to get it done, it won't be seen anyway.

I need a good staple gun now so I can attach the cloth to the board, I have a regular office type Swingline stapler but it's not up to the job.

Anyone have some tips on installing the cloth I'm all ears, I usually botch stuff like this up. I have plenty of extra cloth though so I can try again if needed.

Oh yeah, I figured out what to do with either the extra set of inputs or the tuner, I'm going to install a Digital Converter box in the empty space at the bottom, I'll run the IR sensor up front so it can be operated with the remote.

I think I can hide both IR sensors in the speaker grille area, possibly in a crevice of the cris-cross pattern in the Bakelite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speakers.jpg (15.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg speakersback.jpg (12.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg cloth.jpg (12.1 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Eric H; 09-04-2011 at 09:57 PM.