View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 06:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan 1966 View Post
BTW, getting back to the subject, which standard will Brazil use, ATSC or some other standard? I'm not a big fan on how they are ramming HDTV down our throats but it would make a good opportunity for have a one world standard although from what I hear, Europe will be different from us. Looks like we got another "Tower of Babel" on our hands.
It's a hybrid system, half japanese and half local, a system specifically created for the peculiar characteristics of the brazilian TV market - a market in which the vast majority still don't have cable or other types of subscription-TV and on which the very complicated topography of the country makes TV transmission tricky. They say this system will allow for a greater number of TV channels and for mobile reception. I am no expert on digital TV, so I will have to wait for the beggining of the transmissions ( in my part of the country it will only happen in 2009 ) to see if it is really the wonder they are trying to convince us. What really irritates me is the sellout behavior of the politicians toward the chinese interests.
Audiokarma