View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 08:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

This is easy.

First color show I saw was "Batman" at one of my parents friends home... 1966. It was a shot of the bat-cave. I know the set was an RCA CTC-4, because several years later, it was given to me. The CRT was moved to another set, because I had no room for a large cabinet in my bedroom.

The first show I saw on our own color set was "Spiderman" in 1968. Also an RCA. I don't remember the chassis, as less than 2 weeks later, this set burned and set the wall behind the set on fire. I'm glad we were there. The TV dealer came and took the set to the shop. A few days later, they called to return it, and my mom said something like "Over My Dead Body." Then, we got a 23" Motorola, and had all the problems with bad CRT's that these sets were famous for. We replaced 2 CRT's under warranty, and then after #3, Dad said he 'had enough of this' and they gave the set to me. It limped along for a year or so before the image was too dark to watch.

While the Motorola was out of service, I'd haul one of my console B/W sets into the house so we could watch something. I had several working sets in my workshop by then, given to me by friends that bought color sets.

Last edited by holmesuser01; 07-07-2015 at 08:31 AM.