View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 06:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

i found the problem. The HV went excessive when there was no vertical, and I replaced a cap in the osc section, and cleaned out the yoke and reseated the connections, brought the vertical back to life. most of the set has been recapped already! I know the orange caps arnt stock.

I now have a full raster, and the tuner is dead. Why is it not the IF sections?
well because you know how you change channels right? duh. lol.

if you try your hardest, and if you hold the knob steady between two channels, (its like a sweet spot). you will get snow on the screen, and static sound. which means the IF is working, but if you put it on a channel, nothing. no sound or picture. but clean raster. even with cable or antenna hooked up.

im assuming the mixer/osc is working hence the static and the snow on the screen, but the RF amp tube is not working. but, I dunno. it may be just needing a good cleaning.

but, im getting a little farther in the restoration. The IF and sweep circuits along with the sound is working.

I cannot get the purity right no matter what I do, its a good clean spot from the center to the right of teh screen, they look normal.

the left is wacked out. red is blue, blue is green, and green is mixed. its hard to explain, like a magnet near the tube or something. The internal degausser is shot, so I used my soldering gun, and it still wont clear up. the centering rings hardly make a difference, and I have them placed between grid 3 and 4 according to the manual. I dunno.

Last edited by mbates14; 02-22-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Audiokarma