View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 PM
<----Zenith C845

Very few (if any) TVs of any kind show up on the curbs here in my small town 30+ miles east of Cleveland. I've been here 12 years; the last time I saw old TVs out for the trash here was about five years ago, and those were two 25" table sets. I have yet to see any flat screens on the curbs here, and may never see one since most of the big-box electronics stores such as Best Buy offer free recycling of old sets with the purchase of a new one. I don't know for certain, but I think they will accept any type of television -- flat screen or CRT -- and any old worn-out appliances for recycling as well.

It may not be long before recycling of all old electronics and appliances is done routinely everywhere, and with all such equipment. I think the days of simply putting out an old TV for the trash are just about over in most areas, as "recycle" is the watchword these days -- no one likes even the thought of sending an old television to a landfill, and environmentalists are horrified by what such sets are doing to the environment. Even old refrigerators are being recycled by either hhgregg or Best Buy; I have seen a commercial on television showing a refrigerator in a recycling bin, but I don't know offhand which store runs it.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Audiokarma