View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 05:08 PM
On Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
...on the other hand, its cheap.
I wish mine was cheap! My monthly bill for my land line is right at 70 dollars! The ONLY option I have on my line is call forwarding. Nothing else. No caller ID, no call waiting, not even touch-tone! And still it's 70 bucks!

I think part of the reason is the distance I can call. To the South, I can call to the other side of Beaumont... which is about 45 miles from here. They call it "extended local calling" and I am not able to opt out of it. Funny thing is that I cannot call more than 10 miles to the North. Woodville is only 17 miles up the road and that's long distance.

For businesses and purchases requiring a phone number (which I think is so stupid), they get my home number. That's only if I deem it to be at least half-ass reasonable for them to need it. I only give out my cel number to people I know personally.

I think it's completely asinine that I cannot go into certain establishments to get a freakin' haircut without first giving them a phone number. I've walked out of a few places because of it. When I ask why is a phone number needed to lower my ears, and they tell me it's for their system, I end up getting mad and try to explain how ridiculous it is to need a phone number. Then I get pissed and leave.

One place tried to get my number and I told the girl she could make one up... I wasn't telling her mine. She told me the system would know if it was a bogus number... so she ended up putting in her own. Crazy!

He who dies with the most toys still dies.