View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 06:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
is there a tuning meter on that stereo?

That means no adj for tracking weight on the arm. Mine had a dead cart (good luck finding one btw, hard to comeby and expensive, plus often the NOS ones are DOA).

Nope no tuning eye. The bass is very impressive for 2 6x9s. Why would the cartridge go bad just sitting?

I have 3 of combos now with this exact tuner. One thing i still havent perfected is getting the stereo mpx to work right.

I have a phone that will broadcast mp3 on a radio station. Its designed so you can listen to your music on any fm radio. It sounds very good and the stereo separation is perfect.
I made an mp3 that is music in Left for 30 seconds then music in Right for 30 seconds, back and forth. Then I made another one that was one song in Left and one in Right. If I listen to it in any other stereo the separations is reproduced very well, even my Zenith combos... but these rca tuners.

Sams gives alignment instructions using an over the air signal and I can get the separation close but then the noise floor is so high its like a waterfall when in stereo mode. I have tried both the phone a good radio station with solid separation.

All 3 behave exactly the same so Im either doing something wrong or these things were never designed to work right. I know Zenith invented the Stereo MPX system we use so maybe rca had to deal with patent issues back then.