View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 05:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Years ago I had a Kenwood R-5000, & one night I was listening in the ham bands, & it MUST have been "Idiot Night", because there were all manner of silly stuff on there. One guy was playing over & over, "Phone Phreaking is a Federal Offense".. A Federal Offense.. a Federal offense, & they were all belching & pharting, carrying on like kids' One time, on Christmas night, they called an FCC "Monitoring station" & wished them a Merry Christmas.. I think they were on 3868, or 3898.
The other night, while working on my old Panasonic RF-2200, I stumbled across a pile up of idiots on 75 meters (3840, IIRC). Now the 2200 is not the best radio for tuning ssb, but I thought that it was seriously broken, as I could barely tune in anything out of what was confirmed by my Icom 8500 as pile of hams jamming, belching, farting, swearing, playing music using several different modes of modulation...what a mess! Same stuff was still going on the following evening, so I'm guessing that it is a more or less permanent *feature* of the band.

jr