View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Bob Galanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcollector View Post
Nice set, and yes I know how that can be with CRTS, I have two sets that needed CRTS and both times when I found a replacement, it turned into a nightmare, and I'm still trying to get a refund out of Greyhound since early this year.. If you are going to get a CRT I would recommend using U-Ship.. It's a bit more pricey but you most likely won't have a DOA..
I have shipped many crts in Grayhound and never had a single one break, whereas UPS will usually destroy a tube. IF Grayhound broke your tubes then the blame likely lies with poor packaging on the part of the seller. I pack my tubes in double boxed double wall corregated cartons with bubble wrap between the boxes. And always place hand holes in the sides so the bus baggage handlers can grab the boxes and hang on to them easily. You should blame poor packaging not Grayhound.

And BTW I have had poor experiences with Uship. the carriers are often very un-reliable and I have found that I can often beat the Uship prices using commercial trucking companies.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com